FOR ANY OCCASION WHEN THE FOOD COUNTS .....
MENUS PLANNED WITH YOU TO SUIT THE COST AND THE OCCASION
CALL US NOW .... 01580 713964
Scroll down to see some ideas of the dishes that we cook
our speciality - cANAPES
Please contact us for our latests selection and prices.
SOUPS, STARTERS & BREADS
- Beetroot soup with crème fraiche swirl and fresh chives
- Lentil, red pepper and orange soup
- Roast red pepper mousse and parma ham with artichoke hearts, caponata, olives and basil puree
- Smoked Salmon with dilled sweet and sour cucumber relish
- Leek salad vinaigrette, apples, cashews and red onion
- Rankins Smokie pot
- Egg noodles with chilli, sunkissed tomato, pinenuts, Parmesan shavings basil pesto
- Tuna tartare with chilli, coriander and ginger
- Ceviche of cod, lime mayonnaise
- Italian, French and Speciality Breads
- Local Asparagus for 6 weeks May/June
RYE, HASTINGS, SCOTLAND and THE WEST COUNTRY
LOBSTER : PRAWNS ; CRAB ; COD : TUNA : SCALLOPS : BRILL : TURBOT : GURNARD : HAKE AND MORE STAR IN OUR COOKING
- Seared scallops, pea puree, warm vinaigrette
- Roast cod and tartare style butter sauce
- Crab cakes with chilli, lemongrass and coriander
- Smoked haddock and mussel chowder
- Fillets of brill or turbot sauced many different ways
- Luxury fish pie
- Poached salmon timbale, fresh dill, crevettes, and lemon mayonnaise
MEAT, POULTRY AND GAME
ENGLISH LAMB: SCOTTISH BEEF: BRITISH PORK
SCOTNEY CASTLE PHEASANT: EAST ANGLIAN PARTRIDGE
FREE RANGE CHICKEN: GRESSINGHAM DUCK:
FRENCH CUISSE DE CANARD for CONFIT
- Chilli, chorizo chicken with tomato and peppers
- Little hams of boned and stuffed chicken legs
- Braised lamb with orange, rosemary, peppers and olives or Tagine style with apricots, mint and ras el hanout spices
- Roast ribeye of beef, medium rare, Yorkshire pudding
- Simple beef stew with stout, mustard croutons
- Confit of duck, Puy lentils, tarragon sauce
- Sautéed partridge breasts, roasted legs, rich mushroom sauce
- Lamb noisettes with ratatouille timbale
- Quorn moussaka
- Mushroom Wellington
- Spinach and nutmeg terrine with spicy ginger lentil sauce
- Roast Mediterranean vegetable puff pastry basket
VEGETABLES and POTATOES
Plain and simple or with a twist, as you like.
- Beetroot and orange
- Broccoli, cauliflower and olives á la grecque
- Cous cous with chilli, coriander,
- Mixed crunchy green vegetable
- Classic tomato
- Green bean and sugar snaps, red onion
- Pasta and rice salads
DESSERTS AND PUDDINGS
- Luxury lemon tart - biscuit based
- Chocolate Nemesis with berry sauce
- Butterscotch and apple upside down pudding (warm)
- Eton Mess
- Rankins summer pudding - made with sponge
- Orange jelly terrine
- Rhubarb fool
- WEALD OF KENT Strawberries and Raspberries
- Honeycomb Ice cream
BUFFETS AND CASUAL DINING
- DRESSED SALMON
- CORONATION CHICKEN
- WHOLE ROAST RIB OF BEEF
- GLAZED BAKED HAM
- MAIN COURSE SALADS
- SPIT ROAST LEGS OF LAMB
- CHEESE PLATTERS or WHOLE CHEESES
- and more ….
We are often asked to produce a favourite food of the person who has died. Please ask us if you feel so inclined.
Sandwiches, canapés: finger foods, cakes and quality teas and coffee.
China, linen, equipment, staffing and flowers.
What ever the circumstances we will be helpful and practical.
DINNER PARTY FOODS
Minimum of 20 guests
Wanting to have a lunch or dinner party in your home?
We will provide you with a full service.
For glasses, cutlery and china we use local hire companies who will deliver and collect ..... with a full washing up service.
For more information about any of our services or to make a booking please contact us.